Sunday, August 22, 2010

Who else gives an automatic thumbs down to lengthy questions/answers/rants?

Yes, I feel compelled to always and without fail give a thumbs down to questions and inquiries, and also answers that are overtly long and wordy. As mentioned before, brevity truly is the soul of wit, questions that cannot request information succinctly, and answers that express an idea in several words when just a few will do are exceedingly boring and tedious to read, and more often than not, fail to add anything significant to the conversation.Who else gives an automatic thumbs down to lengthy questions/answers/rants?
When I come across something lengthy, I scan over a few sentences, and see if its worth my time.





I've been asking questions for more than two years now and I think in that time, I've found one (1) lengthy sentence worth a thoughtful reply.Who else gives an automatic thumbs down to lengthy questions/answers/rants?
So you ask questions but you don't like it when someone is conscientious enough to give you a well thought out answer and enough information to support their position. Why ask?
I thumb down answers that are so long that you have to scroll way down to see the next answer.





Not because I don't agree with it (which I probably don't). It's just in the way.
I have to rants....but I can't in good conscience give a thumbs down to a lengthy question/answer without actually reading it first...
I have, but after attempting to read and understand what they were trying to say, see if it has any merit.
I know of people who gives thumbs down to the avatars name, not the length of answer.
Yes, it's obviously a cut-and-paste BS answer.
I do. If they are long questions, I just don't read them.
I just do rants.
Brevity is the Soul of Wit
Briefs off are better
I do. Brief enough?
i don't read them and just answer the ask
I do, but only if they're propaganda or copy paste garbage.
Who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment