Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who else besides me will listen intently to someones obcessive ranting?

but really could care less,but you do'nt want to seem rude or hurt there feelings.Why ca'nt I tell them I could care less?Who else besides me will listen intently to someones obcessive ranting?
Mr nice guy syndrome.Who else besides me will listen intently to someones obcessive ranting?
oh trust me i go through this all the time and i dont know how to get rid of them without hurting them. sumtimes i offer too many slutions, it sorta helps
I had a fromer co-worker like that. I finally just pretned tp fall asleep at my desk everytime she came my way. After that, I told her that she makes my ears bleed. The incessant blabbing stopped after that. Also, if she ever started on a rant, I would tell her that my ears were starting to hemorrage.
You don't tell them you could care less because when someone is ranting you're either with them or against them. It's best if you just smile and nod till they're finished. Since you risk incurring their ire if you don't pretend to be moderately interested.
I think I've been there and it's so friggin annoying. Do you have to hang out with that person? I don't think that there's much that you can say without polarizing them if they're opinionated. You can just express your opinion in some neutral form, like ';I think we need some perspective here, that problem to me is really not a huge deal';. But I don't know, people who want to unload their negativity are not really in a dialog. It's better to just find new friends or something.
I do that too. I just can't walk away.
I gotta agree with all y'all cuz while it does usually seem easier to just daydream while they ramble (I'd always hear waterfalls rumbling) but just here lately, I 've begun to notice that it seems far easier on me to beg off or, worse case scenario, blow them off cuz I don't Even wanna hear it! So, I guess Ben is right!
They are just venting. Let them venting. Just put a time limit on it. Stop them by changing the subject. If that doesn't work, end the conversation and leave.
You have a deep set level of being polite.


The easiest way to stop this is when someone starts, you say.





I won't be able to help you with this you need to talk to _______.





whether it is their Mom, Dad, boss, person causing a problem or whom ever.


Just refer them to some one that can help.





Most of the time they don't want anyone to help and they refuse to go to that person.


They really just want to be able to biotch about it and make themselves feel better.
Because you do not want to be rude or hurt their feelings. I can identify. You are probably too nice and get taken advantage of. Being nice is it's own reward, though. Hang in there!!
ill pretend to listen
I do the same thing. The whole time they are talking you are thinking ';shut the F*ck up. I DO NOT CARE';. But you just keep hearing them blab on and on becuase you feel bad for what your really thikning.
i love rants! as long as their not complainin! rant on!!!
Say, ';I have to go';


Find an excuse.


You need to learn this in life.
I'm sorry did you say something?
Oh I don't listen, I am the person ranting.
ME!! I get paid to do it. I am a customer service represenative for the phone company. People curse and yell at me everyday like if I can control what my boss tells me what to do. I just sit there and put a smile on my face.
what was that
There's really no way you can say you don't care without hurting their feelings. I usually just pretend I'm listening.
because ur a nice person i guess... if u really do not want to listen to them, just b like ';ok well can we finsish this up later or something? i have a head ache?'; or make up something... anything!!! or just go on listening to wut they have to say because ur a nice person... its up to u ...good luck with that :-)
  • highlight
  • liquid eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment