Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fellow Atheists how do you feel reading all the celebratory rants about Tiller's death from some Christians?

Where are you reading all the ';celebratory rants';?





I think you're just seeing what you want to see that's not really there.





Vast majority of Christians do not condone murder of doctors just because they are against abortion.





Just like the vast majority of war protesters don't condone blowing up a federal building to prove their point, and the vast majority of PETA people would not support physically attacking someone who wears fur.








Of course you can find the occasional zealot nut-case but that's in just about every group.Fellow Atheists how do you feel reading all the celebratory rants about Tiller's death from some Christians?
It sickens me.





Even more so than yesterday, since that I just now found out that a coworker of mine is a member of that church and her family knew and were friends with Tiller and his family, and she and her daughter were both present when it happened.





Irregardless of what his profession was, and whether or not you disagree with it, he was still a husband, father, grandfather and friend to many. They have now, right in front of their eyes, had their loved one taken from them.





Anyone who feels good about his senseless murder should be ashamed of themselves, and I would hope that their God would be ashamed of them for thinking that way as well.





If I learned anything from my short time as a Christian, it's that Christians are supposed to forgive. Christians are supposed to condemn the sin, NOT the sinner. That judgment is for God and God alone!Fellow Atheists how do you feel reading all the celebratory rants about Tiller's death from some Christians?
I actually haven't seen any celebratory posts. I have only seen people condemning the murder as murder and the majority of them do not post their religion.





From what I was reading, there have been multiple attempts on Tiller's life so it was eventually going to happen.
Not the least bit surprised, unfortunately.


A number of posts here have said something like:


';Murder is wrong, but he got what he deserved.';


In other words, they wouldn't pull the trigger, but they're glad somebody else did.


Isn't it their own holy book that says if you ';sin'; in your heart, it's the same as doing the actual sin? So aren't those saying ';he got what he deserved'; guilty of murder in their hearts?





Tell people conditioned to believe anything their pastor tells them over and over again that doctors doing abortions are evil, tools of satan, and deserve punishment...and eventually one of the delusionals will act on it. The message is the problem.





Peace.
Shocked and disgusted.





The lows of depravity still get to me. That anyone can take satisfaction in a man gunned down before his wife's eyes at his place of solemn worship tells me that the world is still full of grinning, back slapping villains. These people are titillated by murder, yet feel wholely moral and just.





If this does not jade me entirely, I don't know what will.
there for sure has been celebratory posts such as '; he deserved it, eye for an eye'; ';evil is gone now'; ';babies are safe'; just a few of many I have read in the last 48 hours.





I think these people are fooling themselvse into thinking they are christians.... no real christian would condone this murder.... only freaks with saddist deviant thoughts would.... so its obvious these people hide in their church but the evil is lurking.... christians.. you should be questioning some members of your churches.... ask yourselves why they are really there because its obvious you have some bad eggs in the basket.
Disgusted. Clearly murder isn't an absolute sin to them. Have they not seen the commandment ';thou shalt not murder';? If they do not repent their god will send them to burn in hell!
There was a pastor here earlier more concerned about why he was an usher than the fact that he got shot to death. In a way I saw this coming but I'm still appalled and disgusted. Makes you think there's no hope for the human race sometimes.
I'm not especially shocked although I am slightly dissapointed.





Here are a two I answered, i think ';Pastor Art'; removed his question.





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…





Here's a rather better response to the situation (imacatholic2 answered!):





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…
I have always maintained that religion rots brains. The behaviour of these heartless, brain addled, gloating Christians simply confirms that I am right.
I would love to say I was surprized and saddened. but have spent enough time on R%26amp;S to know how incredibly warping Christianity is to humanity and empathy.
I don't believe they are all from Christians. I think they are from some childish atheists who want to make Christians look bad. No human being with an ounce of decency would be cheering the murder of anyone.
Completely unsurprised.
One has to take into account the fact that some people are just not ';all there';.
In a word? ';Validated';.
Not one bit surprised.
'; praise the lord and pass the ammo ';
Same as I feel about anyone condoning murder.
I haven't seen any. Are you trolling by any chance?
I am saddened by murder.





I am especially saddened by the murder of innocents.





Dr Tiller should not have been murdered.





Nor should he have murdered thousands of late term babies.





So very sad.
  • green makeup
  • liquid eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment