Thursday, July 29, 2010

You know i have allways wonderd this and why people follow the books i just want to rant?

i,m pregnant i,m 8 months and i see questions on here about what the only side you can lay on while your pregnant and people say ONLY your left side i think it is a bunch of crap ,why?because 100 years+ ago there were no midwives or ultrasound equipment or Dr's telling women not to sleep on there side and not to do this,this and that yes i,m old fashioned and i do listen to my Dr when needed as i,m high risk so yes i do listen but why is it that people believe everything in the books i mean my lord my Dr has never told me not to sleep on my back,right side,or stomach i agree listen to your Dr but don't take it overboard what do you pregnant mom's think ?.and yes i know it's the 21st century but what if we had to live like they did back then?You know i have allways wonderd this and why people follow the books i just want to rant?
I couldnt agree with you more!! Back in the day they didnt have this crap, and they survived. I think they should take their pregnancy books and shove em up their assesYou know i have allways wonderd this and why people follow the books i just want to rant?
Uhhh I agree you want to rant and possibly a bit emotional. BUT on a positive note good luck with your pregnancy and upcoming little one! ;)
I thought it was a bunch of crap, too, and all throughout my pregnancy I had so much trouble sleeping on my left side so, I really slept whichever way I could get comfortable. When I was in labor, though, the nurses were monitoring the baby's heartrate and I eventually have to stay on my left side because in any other position the baby's heartrate would fall drastically. So, I guess it helps in certain situations, but I honestly don't think it really matters at night. Plus, if the baby is uncomfortable, you will know because you will get kicked until he/she is in a position they like.
I've been sleeping on both my left and right side. The only reason they tell u not to sleep on ur back is because there cud be a risk that ur umbilical cord goes around the baby's neck so thats why. I know ppl tend to follow the book so closely but thats cuz they care n worry too much abt the baby inside them. My husband is like that but im more of a laid back person n i tend to take things easier, but still, its better to be safe or sorry. good luck hun n dont stress too much
My doctor did tell me to sleep on one side. And way back when lots of babies were born with problems and still born and died a t birth. Alot more than today!
yeah i know what you mean. I think its fine to lay anyway except on your tummy. Im 40weeks and have layed on my back and side etc just not my tum
doctors tell you this to decrease your chances of stillbirth as well as many other things.


obviously if you sleep on your back your not gauranteed to have a still born child, its just cutting down possible risks.


thats what doctors are here for. we also didnt have ultrasounds 100 years ago, or epidurals, or pain killers..


these are things were told to do to ensure that our babies are as healthy as possible, and that we have a comfortable pregnancy. FYI sleeping on your back lays the baby on a nerve that can be uncomfortable for you, not just the baby!


why would you want to rant about this?


there percautions!
There are more live births today because of technology and education. Less still births and miscarriages, and less death of the laboring mother. Some women gave birth in the woods, or in a dirty bedroom by candlelight with only a basin of water and towels, would you try that? I thank God for a Dr. who is educated and books that can lead the way to a healthy birth and baby, I surely don't look down at the helpfulness. Gimme a break. LOL, and thats MY rant.
Back then, they didn't have the teachers to tell them the difference between ';they're';, ';there'; and ';their'; .... and ';your'; and ';you're'; ..... but it's still a good idea to know that right? *hint* *hint*
The reason they suggest sleeping on your left side has something to do with better circulation and better kidney function. I think any doctor who would tell you that you can ONLY sleep on one side is being way over-cautious. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I get so uncomfortable laying on one side for more than an hour that I just have to roll over to my other side. I flip back and forth all night. I even lay on my back, and earlier in my pregnancy I lay on my tummy. The human body is pretty good at letting you know if you're doing something you shouldn't be. If you're uncomfortable, the baby is probably uncomfortable. If it hurts to lay on your back, then don't. Listen to your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment