Thursday, July 29, 2010

Does it annoy you when a simple question you ask about dogs gets hijacked and turns intoa row or a rant?

Like my recent question on which is your least favourite breed and why - don't all yell that your dogs are the best breed - I'm sure they are lovely dogs - but guess what; not everyone likes your breed best!!! Lots of people hate terriers (my breed) and I freely admit I wouldn't want every one to love them - there are fewer in rescue this way.....oh man Now I'm wandering - so anyway - do you hate a question going off topic or do you enjoy the cut and thrust of debate in dogs?Does it annoy you when a simple question you ask about dogs gets hijacked and turns intoa row or a rant?
Sometimes, I enjoy a good debate....but it largely depends on the importance of the topic. I don't argue with stupid, because it gets me nowhere, but if the topic is controversial, it's exciting to have a good debate.





I can't stand the way people suggest their breed is the best for everyone...Like in those questions regarding 'what breed is right for me', most morons jump to suggest their breed...while I post websites to encourage research. I don't go around screamin ';Pit bulls (my chosen breed) are the best dogs ever!!';.....just because they suit me best, doesn't mean the same for you.Does it annoy you when a simple question you ask about dogs gets hijacked and turns intoa row or a rant?
I don't mind a good debate when the participants are informed make good, respectful points or openly admit that they didn't know something. The purpose of debate is to learn something new and achieve better understanding of the 'opposition'. Many times it degrades into a yelling, idiotic name-calling match here though.





As far as my least favorite breed: I don't really have one. I do my best to take each dog on it's individual ground. I must say that I'm not a fan of Poms though. In my limited experience they tend to be rather loony(small man syndrome). Case in point; about a month ago a 15lb Pom charged my 85lb mix and actually nailed him in the face (Pom was loose, my dog was on leash) so now I am constantly watching for Poms :)
HOW DARE people not like terriers? Terriers are the best dogs ever.....oh, you mean like that? I think there are certain questions that will always lead to a flurry of thumbs down, arguments, debates, etc. Best/worst/cutest/ugliest - even raw feeding, vaccinations, and training methods.





Just to answer your original question - I'm not too fond of most of the toy breeds - don't know why, but for me, they lack some sort of spark. And I love terriers - but not the bull terrier types so much. I currently have a miniature schnauzer, and am researching border terriers, wire fox terriers and Irish terriers as my potential next dog. Gotta love them terriers!
I dislike only when people clearly didn't read my question. A lot of times, I feel I have made it clear that I am asking for people's opinion....yet I get answers telling ME how to do something.





I ask very few questions that people seem to find interesting and thought provoking. The few I have asked that turn into a heated debate delight me. It means I have asked something people are willing to go out of their way to answer...and there is such a wide variety of views, it's very interesting to read all the responses.
Sometimes it bothers me. I just really hate when your asking a question and get attacked for asking it example I asked opinion on gentle leaders and someone came across to me like trying to say I was bad person for even considering it. I just wanted opinions not criticism (I got it and love it by the way). I see it alot people asking a question (dumb to us or not) a serious question and get called all sort of names. It sometimes seems like we are back in elementary school (I guess since I work at one I fit in here better lol).





It reminds me of how people like to discuss religion (never is a discussion as a my way or no way one sided talk).
I hate when people take things to heart on this website. It is the internet. And people get so heated over things that other people are saying on purpose to GET them fired up.





So yes, I hate when a question goes off topic, and I hate the cut and thrust of debate, ESPECIALLY in the Dog's Section.
I mirror Courtney's reply. It does get annoying.
Yes,


I asked a question about cats a few days ago and I mentioned that I have never owned a cat, I got people telling me that they need vaccines and vet checks! I might not know about cats but I'm not stupid. Lets just say the same person did not answer my question.


Back to the dogs section.... Most people don't read everything one rights and then jump to conclusions.


I love my breed and they differently aren't a breed for everyone.


If someone does not like my breed, its their choice.


I don't hate any breed but I would not own them all.


Like jack Russel's, I can't be around those dogs. I would not own one but THAT'S MY CHOICE. I know there are good Jack Russel's, every breed has good and bad dogs but I still would not own one.








I love terriers.
The basic problem that I have observed is that there are 3 types of people who ask questions on here:


1. Someone has a REAL question and wants an answer. Then they get BOMBED with responses about puppy mills, rescue dogs, irresponsible ownership, parvo, back yard breeders, etc.


2. Someone asks a question, but really wants their on opinion reinforced and doesn't acknowledge any thoughtful answers.


Then they get BOMBED with the rhetoric from above.


3. Children looking for attention
Yes, it seems that no one can ask a simple question about dogs without hords of childish simpletons having a problem with something they said, or deriding the questioner for this or that. Like thinking no one should ever buy a dog. Ranting feverishly about things the news media has trumped up which they are personally clueless about. Hating this breed or that. Calling people's dogs mutts when all dogs are a product of breeding for certain characteristics and so all breeds were mutts bred by someone they would consider a disreputable breeder, oh but now they have a piece of paper from some group who profits by handing out pieces of paper, and that changes the genetics of dogs somehow, lol. Hating dogs some have as beloved pets which they have never even expirianced because of what others have said about them. Getting all wrought up and going on a vitriolic crusade, especially those who don't know a thing about anything, because of what someone else told them to think on a subject, which is often non sensical and has it's own selfish agenda ... It goes on and on.





If someone can't just answer the stupid question, they shouldn't comment on it. This isn't a rant forum, well it's not supposed to be, it's a Q%26amp;A forum. No one deserves to be personally attacked by a bunch of little group thinking brain dead fascist wanna be's every time they ask a simple question.





But it is nice when someone asks a question that allows you to express something you feel strongly about in the answer : ). Then it's all good.





Good question ...

No comments:

Post a Comment