Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Is there a way to clean the rants and personal insults off Y!A politics?

And get to questions and answers that deal with real issues effecting our country?Is there a way to clean the rants and personal insults off Y!A politics?
None that I have found so far. There was a time when I really wanted to fight this battle believing that there was a way to elevate the debate in an honest fashion, but I have come to the realization that too many people on Yahoo Answers have a sandbox mentality at best. They are either not interested in facts, or do not have the capacity to debate anything which does not fit their narrow logic patterns and as such resort to insults as their only means of defense against both. For the most part these days I just try to look for good questions to answer in the sea of endless rabble. When that is not possible I just give the best answer I am able and try to ignore the juvenile insults which often result from those answers. There are good questions and there are definitely some very bright and informed users on the service. As for the rest? Well, you just have to dismiss them because arguing with them plays right into the game where they feel most at home and rarely produces acceptable results.Is there a way to clean the rants and personal insults off Y!A politics?
the way to do this is to properly moderate YA like most other internet forums do, but yahoo is not willing to do this for a variety of reasons

Report Abuse



of course there is





employ real live human beings to moderate this board





but yahoo won't do that as it costs money,and they would have to actually get rid of trolls, less people visiting YA = less ad revenue you see
If we can't clean them from Washington, I don't think it's possible to do it on Yahoo...
Tune into CSPAN if you want polite political discussion
I'm with you on this one. I find myself skipping over 98% of the 'questions'. Most of them are baits, insults or have been repeated at least 1,000 times.





Good luck. LOL
I promise if yahoo were to bring back the old message boards this place would clean up quickly.
I flag askers. I don't know if it works or not.
Personally, I don't see it happening anytime soon. The partisanship which is currently dividing our country, is quite apparent in this category. People need to realize that they can stand up for what they believe in without resorting to attacking the so called opposition. Working together does not mean you have to give up on your tenets and ideals, it only means you have to be willing to listen to others


with an open mind.
No. Free speech. Though some are very irresponsible with this. I don't think anyone would come out and play. It might be too boring.
Tell the libs to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment